Portsmouth - Sign Designer - Full Time Position
Successful candidates will be responsible for designing the bespoke signage required by our customers. This is a position for someone who enjoys working at a upbeat pace and is self-motivated. The successful applicant will be able to liaise confidently with both the sales and production teams and with our extensive customer base.
Our sign designer will produce designs for all kinds of signs and displays, which can range in size from single fire exit signs and shop front banners through to vehicle graphics and complete exhibition sites.
After discussing the client's requirements and providing a cost quotation, the sign designer will select the most suitable type of sign for the project and create designs to produce the maximum impact.
Once a design is approved by the client, the sign designer will use computer design packages to produce layouts, lettering and images, which are then transferred onto the chosen material by our sign makers.
You will be required to:
- Discuss requirements with the client;
- Define and agree the resources needed;
- Present proposals and details of costs;
- Produce rough sketches or computer visuals to show to the client; Use specialist computer design software to prepare designs; Keep to budgets and time limits for each project; Prepare detailed final working drawings/plans.
- Creativity and imagination;
- Good computer skills;
- Drawing and design ability;
- Experience with design packages;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
Normal colour vision and good spatial awareness; The ability to manage time well, meet deadlines and work within a budget; Excellent communication skills; Understand of the methods of construction and types of support for signs; Understanding of internal and external illumination of signs.
Please send your CV and details of experience to email@example.com or contact Jane to discuss this position further.