Experienced Sign Maker / Fitter
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sign Maker/Fitter to join our friendly production team at Signs Express (Huddersfield). Signs Express has been established for 30 years and provides customers with a wide range of signs and graphics for businesses of all sizes.
Ideally, you will have worked in the signs industry for at least 2 to 3 years covering a full range of skills and experience such as:
- The ability to interpret briefs accurately and a strong understanding of signage and manufacturing techniques
- Visiting clients to carry out surveys and document information ready to progress to quotation
- Good design skills using industry-standard design software such as Adobe Illustrator
- The ability to complete quotes independently or communicate information to others to provide quotes
- Managing workflow using large format printers, plotters & laminators
- Proficiency in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates including vehicles and installing all types of external and internal signs including window graphics
- An effective communicator to work within a small team
- The ability to complete paperwork to high standards ready to be passed on for invoicing
- Possess or willing to be trained in PASMA/IPAF accreditations
What we are looking for:
You will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and well organised with good attention to detail. You must also be able to work on your own initiative, be a great team player and have an understanding of the importance of health and safety. A driving licence is essential.
This is a permanent full-time position working normal office hours but will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours when required. This position would suit someone with a good degree of life experience who would be able to handle the varied nature of the role and be a good ambassador for the business both with customers and suppliers alike.
Salary – Up to £22,000