Trainee Sign Maker
Salary is dependent on experience.
Permanent position; Monday - Friday 08.00 - 5.00pm, with occasional out of hours installation.
Signs Express (Milton Keynes) are looking to expand our existing team and are now recruiting for a Trainee Sign Maker/Installer.
As a Trainee Sign Maker, you will be learning a highly skilled trade – a sign maker contributes to the manufacture and installation of a variety of signs including interior signs, exterior signs, vehicle graphics, window graphics, shop signage, exhibition displays and digital signage.
What you will do:
You will learn and be involved in the production and installation aspects of the business. Day to day duties will include setting up files for vinyl cutting, preparation of vinyl graphics and application to a wide variety of substrates to include panels, vans and cars. Other duties may include measuring and calculating signage sizes, preparing surfaces and installing signs on site.
Full training will be given in all aspects of the role.
What we are looking for:
Ideally you will be computer literate with the equivalent of GCSEs Grade C/4 or above.
You need to be imaginative with an eye for detail, hardworking and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and progress within the trade. We are looking for a good team player who feels comfortable dealing with clients, providing excellent customer service.
Driving license essential
A little bit about us
- Whilst we are part of the UK’s largest signs and graphics network, Signs Milton Keynes is a local family business with strong ties within the local community.
- We are a business founded on cultivating a good working environment and working culture
- You will be treated well. We are flexible with working times and give you our trust and support at all times.
- We have a great team and work with great clients
- We close down for Christmas and New Year to give the team time with family and friends
- We want to ‘do good’ and be part of the community. Every year we dedicate some of our resource to helping a local charity.