Apprentice Sign Maker
We are looking for an Apprentice Sign Maker to work alongside our experienced staff learning all aspects of the business. This is an exciting and extremely varied opportunity in a supportive family run business.
Duties will include the preparation, production, manufacture and installation of graphics onto signs, vehicles, windows etc.
Working at heights and heavy lifting are both requirements of this role therefore a head for heights and good physical strength are essential, along with a good understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
We are looking for someone with:
- Creativity and imagination with the personal drive and ambition to succeed
- The ability to work on your own initiative and contribute suggestions for improvement
- The ability to work on your own or in a team
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of Illustrator & Photoshop or similar design software would be an advantage
- Good practical aptitude and ability to use tools and equipment
- Flexibility and ability to learn new techniques
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to discuss requirements with clients
- A driving licence would be useful but not essential
Our chief aim is to help the right person to develop their creative/design skills and practical expertise to become an excellent skilled Sign Maker.
As your career progresses you will have the opportunity to develop into new roles with greater responsibility and play an increasingly key part within a developing and growing business.
In return, we ask for commitment to your studies and to use this role within the company to gain the necessary experience and skills required by your course and to perform and contribute within a fast-moving and dynamic environment.