Sign Maker / Fitter vacancy in Loughborough
Due to centre growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sign Maker to join our Signs Express production centre in Loughborough. We require a full-time person with experience of sign making to join our busy team covering Leicester, Loughborough and the surrounding areas.
We offer a wide range of graphic products from indoor and outdoor signage, window graphics, wall coverings, vehicle graphics and wraps, digital signage to lightboxes and everything in between. In this role, you will be required to work to a high standard and to exact deadlines across a varied client base.
We therefore require a Sign Maker who has experience in the production of all types of signs, vinyl application and graphics.
What you will do
We will expect you to have received training in sign production, having spent a minimum of 2 years’ covering a full range of skills and experience such as:
- The ability to interpret briefs accurately and an understanding of signage and manufacturing techniques
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively and contribute as part of a larger team
- Be confident in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates including vehicles
- Using vinyl plotters, large format printers and laminators
- Experience of sign fitting on site
- CSCS accreditations desired, but not essential
- Safe manual handling of materials
- Knowledge of Health & Safety working practices
- Experience in vehicle wrapping is desirable
- Knowledge of design software, such as Adobe Illustrator would be advantageous
- Full Driving licence essential
What we are looking for
This is a physically demanding role which will from time to time require heavy lifting, therefore good physical health is required to carry out the role. You must also be prepared to work outside in all weather conditions to meet customer demands when required.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic, able to work on their own initiative, flexible, a great team player, well organised and understand the importance of health and safety. They must also have impeccable skills in customer-facing communication
Your working hours
This is a full-time position working 39 hours per week, but you will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours as and when required.Apply
Successful applicants will be rewarded with a salary of £20,000 - £22,000 depending on experience. 20 days paid holiday and uniform.