Part Time Bookkeeper vacancy in Slough
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at our Signs Express Centre in Slough on a part time basis. Signs Express is the UK's largest signs and graphics company with over 67 Centre’s nationwide.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
What you will do
Accountable for delivering an accurate trail of company spending, the Bookkeeper is responsible for the variety of activities that can include:
- Management of Sales ledger & Credit Control
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions on the Sage accounting system.
- Balancing accounts on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis
- Managing client invoices & payments
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and banking contacts
- Working closely with accountants to prepare VAT returns
- Managing & filing relevant documentation
- Update external payroll bureau/pension provider with all relevant employee and payroll information on a monthly basis
- Checking and reconciling final payroll report produced by payroll bureau
- Processing payroll payments and uploading pension data (DEOs)
- Administering of workplace pension scheme
- VAT returns done quarterly should include preparation for digital processing with HMRC
- Liaise with accountant at year end and when any queries arise.
What we are looking for
Should Possess first-rate numerical skills with strong bookkeeping skills and previous experience in a similar role. Have solid organisational skills and excellent attention to detail with excellent communication skills, including relationship building with individuals.
Highly computer literate with experience in the Sage accounting package, with the ability to work quickly, accurately and to deadlines, using a logical and methodical approach.
Ideally Possess relevant NVQ/SVQ qualifications or specialist qualifications such as AAT. With knowledge of Microsoft Software packages such as Excel and Word, a background in general office administration would be a distinct advantage.
Your working hours
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary of £11.00ph.Apply
Working hours – 10 hours per week, split over two working days but this can be flexible to suit the right candidate.