We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, credible and experienced General Manager with industry skills to lead and run a busy signage and graphics production centre and team of sign makers/installers for one of the UKs largest, most successful sign companies.
Reporting to the Central Operations Director, you will need to be driven, motivated, organised and able to work independently to coordinate the efficient and profitable running of all aspects of the centre.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic, able to work on their own initiative, flexible, a great team leader and well organised.
- Responsible for the centre activity to achieve all operational and commercial objectives.
- Full team management, leadership and oversight of the sales, admin, production and installation staff. To include coordination and effective running of centre processes, motivating the team and setting clear targets/objectives for them to achieve
- Working with the BDM to drive effective lead generation and sales activity to achieve targets. To include reporting, pipeline monitoring and forecasting
- Maintain and develop customer accounts through effective account management and customer relationship building activities
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered at all times, across all projects and all team members
- Coordinate and conduct client appointments, site visits and surveys
- Creation, follow up and conversion of accurate, timely quotations.
- Coordinate, develop and present credible, creative sign solutions, designs and visuals.
- Ensure workflow is optimised and all design, production work and installations always run smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure effective, detailed information flow and project delivery for all work
- Support accounts staff to produce accurate P & L accounts and process Invoices in, Invoices out, banking, cashflow projections, debt chasing, customer payments etc;
- Support & progress marketing initiatives to uphold and enhance the brand. To include social media activity, eshots, mailshots & ad-hoc campaigns.
- Good signage product and manufacturing knowledge (min 5 years experience in similar environment)
- Sales experience, able to negotiate and win work.
- Strong management & leadership skills. Provide mentoring, training and support as required.
- Strong commercial skills. Able to create and understand management reports.
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Account management and customer service experience
- Project management & delivery
- Process driven with great attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Strong understanding of H & S requirements, Safe systems of work, RAMS
- Resilient and able to work and lead calmly under pressure
- Driving licence essential
- Clarity system knowledge advantageous
- Design software knowledge (Illustrator, Corel)
This is a full-time position working normal office hours but will need to be flexible to occasionally work outside of these hours when required.
Salary: £35-40k + Profit share bonus