Up to £24,000 per annum – a company profit based bonus scheme is also in operation as well as pension scheme. Full-time, Permanent
Signs Express (York) has been established since 1994. Since that time, we have continued to grow along with our reputation and expertise employing a highly specialist team of staff. As the UK and Ireland’s largest sign company Signs Express is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of its customers. Enjoying a national reputation for providing quality products and supreme customer service, Signs Express combines total coverage with local knowledge to offer its clients the most effective sign solutions. We work with a variety of customers, supporting companies and organisations of all sizes on a wide range of projects; from a simple individual sign to an entire sign and graphics project.
Working as part of a team the successful candidate will understand the importance of high-quality customer service in differentiating us from our competitors, have high standards of work and excellent practical skills. Familiarity and experience of signage and graphic solutions and installation is essential. Vinyl application to a variety of substrates would be advantageous, however, full training will be provided.
You will be enthusiastic, have excellent practical skills, be able to work on your own initiative, be flexible and a good team player, organised and able to deal with clients confidently on site. Applicants must have good written and verbal communication skills and fully understand the importance of following health and safety rules at Signs Express (York).
Responsible for manufacturing and installing high quality signs for a variety of uses including internal and external signs for business premises, indoor & outdoor exhibition displays, window graphics and vehicle graphics as well as custom vinyl printing, labels and stickers. As a primary contact for all existing and potential customers provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Manufacture all aspects of signage and graphics solutions.
- Installation of signs & graphics on site internally and externally as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Managing Director.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent practical skills (essential).
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintain the highest standards (essential).
- Enthusiastic, positive and logical attitude, able to take instruction and use own initiative (essential).
- Good problem-solving skills (essential).
- An excellent communicator, with a professional, positive and helpful manner, understanding the importance of maintaining the highest level of customer service at all time (essential).
- Experienced in manufacture and installation of all signage solutions (essential).
- Good materials knowledge; understanding the suitability and options of material for a variety of applications for standard vinyls, conformable films and digital print media (essential).
- Installation and fitting of signs involving working at heights on ladders or suspended platforms (essential).
- A professional approach to safe working conditions including working at heights (essential).
- Computer literate (essential).
- Software knowledge of relevant design packages including Adobe Illustrator (desirable).
- Understanding of the importance of health and safety.
- Understanding of technology used to produce signs.
- Ability to keep up to date with new skills and techniques.
- Materials knowledge – understanding the suitability and options of materials for various applications for standard vinyls, conformable films and digital print media would be an advantage, training will be provided.
- Hardware knowledge – experienced with the use of wide format digital printers, vinyl plotters and laminators would be an advantage, training will be provided.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent practical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate clearly and confidently both written and verbally.
- Good mathematical skills, for measurements and calculations.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work as part of a team.
- Tidy working practices.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent organisational skills ensuring that activities are delivered to the highest standards within relevant time frames.
- Willingness to undertake on-going professional training and development.
Based in our busy York office, working 40 hours per week (08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday).