Production Manager vacancy in Cardiff
Signs Express Cardiff are an existing, successful centre and are looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager, with both excellent product knowledge and managerial skills, to lead team of production staff and be responsible for their day-to-day organisation.
Ensure customer expectations are met by overseeing product quality and ensuring delivery timescales are met.
What you will do
- We are looking for a “hands on” production manager who has detailed technical knowledge and practical experience of wide format printers and all aspects of sign making.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and being literate with design and production software packages are also very desirable.
- You will be responsible for issuing and supervising the work for full time and part time staff and have full responsibility for the production part of the business as well as goods in and out.
- The successful candidate will understand the importance of high-quality customer service in differentiating us from our competitors, will be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, and be a good team member.
- Suitable candidates will live within commuting distance to the Cardiff centre and will be considered as a key holder after the successful completion of the probation period.
- Overseeing the production process, including: drawing up a production schedule; accept handover of new orders, scheduling using the production diary, general overseeing of the morning briefing, liaising with customers to keep them updated, passing completed job bags for billing.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective; effective purchasing, material usage; minimise wastage / errors, checking job sheets.
- Ensuring products are produced on time and to a good quality; set standards and methods with production staff, ensure tools and machinery are maintained and capable of quality, ensuring that all work is checked and quality controlled.
- Working out the human and material resources needed; production scheduling / time allocation, checking stock / material requirements.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed; regular toolbox checks, keeping qualifications up to date, enforcing safe working practices.
- Supervising and motivating the team of workers; managing workload and output, regular constructive feedback to team or individuals where relevant, identifying training needs / job role development / team building, oversee daily / weekly upkeep tasks and maintenance.
What we are looking for
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic, able to work on their own initiative, flexible, a great team player, well organised and have an understanding of the importance of health and safety.
You must have experience in a similar role and previous sign industry knowledge.
Your working hours
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday but you will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours when required.Apply
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22 – 25k /year depending on experience