Signs Express has been established in Reading for over 20 years and provides customers with a wide range of signs and graphics for businesses of all sizes. We are looking for a signage fitter to install signage and vinyl graphics.
This site-based role will entail implementing installations and delivery of signage to our client’s sites. As part of this, the post holder will need to work as part of a team to deliver on set targets.
All tools & uniform will be provided.
The perfect candidate suited to this role would maintain high standards of quality, be self-motivated and a good role model for their team. This job would suit an individual who likes to see the impact they have on both our company and our client’s business.
What you will do
- To ensure that all signage is completed on time, and to a quality standard consistent with the required standards.
- Install all types of signage (ie. internal, small and large external, free-standing and affixed to existing structures)
- Follow all company procedures for install of signage and graphics
- Make sure Method Statements are followed, and inform your Team Leader of any changes
- Take responsibility for your own and others’ health and safety when working
- Ensure company installation vehicles are thoroughly and regularly checked, in line with the company’s vehicle policy
- Undertake regular stock checks of tools and materials within the installation vans
- Ensure that all equipment is routinely checked for safety, in line with legislation
- Provide polite, efficient interaction with clients and all others at all times,
- Be flexible with start and finish times to enable the company to deliver jobs effectively
- To assist members of the management team and the in-house production staff if required
- To demonstrate a mature, considered approach to workplace issues and relationships
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in a sign-making role would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of fitting is essential but could come from other industries such as shop fitting, window fittings etc.
- Driving licence essential
Your working hours
This is a full-time position working normal office hours but will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours when required. Competitive salary: £20k - £24k depending on experience.Apply