Experienced Sign Maker/Fitter vacancy in Salisbury
We have a full-time position to fill at our busy production centre in Salisbury.
Signs Express are market leaders and have been established for over 30 years offering a full range of services across the signage sector, supplying a variety of markets.
What you will do
We will expect you to have received training in sign production, having spent a minimum of 2 years’ covering a full range of skills and experience such as:
- The ability to interpret briefs accurately and an understanding of signage and manufacturing techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively and contribute as part of a larger team
- Be confident in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates including vehicles
- Using vinyl plotters, large format printers and laminators
- Experience of sign fitting on site – fascias, window graphics, wall graphics and wall coverings, post and panel
- PASMA accreditations essential. IPAF and CSCS desired, but not essential
- Safe manual handling of materials
- Knowledge of Health & Safety working practices
- Experience in vehicle wrapping is desirable
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator would be highly advantageous or similar
- Design visual layouts for customers and correcting customer artwork.
- Full Driving licence essential
What we are looking for
- The ability to interpret briefs and advise on appropriate materials for the job both technically and from a commercial perspective.
- Be proficient in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates including vehicles
- Computer literate with design skills using Adobe Illustrator and Onyx software and uploading new profiles
- An effective communicator to work within a small team.
- Exceptional attention to detail – a person that double checks their work before passing on to the next stage.
- Ability to work under pressure and self-manage multiple jobs at any one time.
- Organised, punctual and of smart appearance
- Willing to work on site as and when required – not always in the sunshine either.
- Basic hand tool and power tool skills
- Scaffold tower erection experience essential, MEWPS desirable.
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety
- A proactive worker who doesn’t need continuous prompting
- A genuine interest in the sign industry – keeping up to date with new innovations.
- Willingness to attend training and workshop sessions.
- Great customer facing skills – be confident to attend site visits with the customer alone at times.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn – come to work with a smile on your face!
Your working hours
This is a full-time position working 39 hours per week,(8.30 – 5.30 with a 4.30 finish on Friday) but you will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours if required.Apply
Successful applicants will be rewarded with a salary of up to £25,000 depending on experience. 20 days paid holiday and uniform supplied.