Harrods Aviation FBO Rebranding
When you now drive towards London Stansted Airport, it's hard not to notice the new high level illuminated signage of Harrods Aviation new brand identity.
Following the acquisition of Fayair, Harrods Aviation needed to re-brand their whole site located at Stansted Airport. This was an excellent opportunity to modernise their look, blending heritage with contemporary design. Existing terminal 'The Knightsbridge' would be upgraded and an entirely new area 'the Brompton' be created.
Already an existing customer of Signs Express (Harlow), Harrods Aviation personnel worked alongside Signs Express project managers from early in 2023 in preparation for the new look. This included initially removing existing Fayair signage. Aside from the actual precise specification of all signs, this was a complex installation, not only because of the location and scale of external signs, but also ensuring vigorous health & safety and insurance requirements were 100% covered for a multiple 'at height' installation within a busy airport.
Over the course of 9 working days, our own experienced installation teams installed on the road side areas:
- Main terminal sign spanning 20 metres consisting of intricate built up halo illuminated aluminium logo to read Harrods AVIATION in the distinctive font known by all.
- The new entrance of The Brompton terminal features a deep 11 metre sign tray with illuminated acrylic lettering pushed through.
- To compliment, new signage for existing 'The Knightsbridge' terminal entrance made the most of the protruding canopy by installing U shape sign trays with illuminated acrylic lettering.
- Three old style gold logos were removed and replaced with the new look black powder coated logos in 3 different locations - 2 at height working from powered access equipment to hangar and office buildings and the third to the main entrance of The Knightsbridge terminal.
Moving to the airside part of the installation. This included main hangar signs and the revamp of arrivals directional signage:
- Located airside facing the runway apron area, the terminal hangar main sign consisting of flat powder coated aluminium logo spanning 15 metres installed working from powered access. Being airside no illuminated signage was allowed to comply with planning regulations.
- Directional signage to guide passengers and crew to The Brompton arrivals area is detailed with the installation of the distinctive Harrods logo together with appropriate vinyl graphics.
- Lastly The Knightsbridge arrivals received the re-branded signage in the form of branded tray signs and another of the fabricated Harrods AVIATION logo signs.
This was an exciting prestigious project to be part of - the owners of Harrods Aviation being so delighted with the outcome they are looking to further roll out the new sign branding.